A Source of Information
The West Michigan Shoreline Food Processing Initiative’s network is extensive throughout the region with connections throughout the agriculture and food processing sectors. With these connections, the Initiative leadership is prepared to work with existing food processors, ones considering a new location in West Michigan, and companies that are looking at new development opportunities.
The goal is not to displace or duplicate programs run by others, but to help be a catalyst for creating economic, job, and income growth in the region. For more information, contact Marty Gerencer, Initiative Executive Director, by writing to email@example.com.
In addition, the Initiative team has access to a number of key studies and reports commissioned by Consumers Energy prior to the closure of the BC Cobb facility in Muskegon that present the details of the basis for establishing the West Michigan Shoreline Food Processing Initiative. Copies of these reports are available for distribution upon request to Dennis Marvin, Senior Consultant, Programs and Communications, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. The reports include:
- Muskegon County Food Processing Facility and Port of Muskegon-Marty Gerencer-John Sisson
- Benchmark of BC Cobb Facility End Use Study-John Sisson
- Port of Muskegon to Asia Competitive Analysis (Cross Lake Shipping)-Les Brand (Supply Chain Solutions)
- FAM Benchmark Tour of Finger Lakes Region (NY) Report-Dennis Marvin
The West Michigan Shoreline Food Processing Initiative (Initiative) program team issues periodic updates about each of the key pillars and other information) as well as, through its Facebook Page.. Questions can be directed to Marty Gerencer, Initiative Executive Director (email@example.com) or Dennis Marvin, Senior Consultant, Programs and Communications (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Muskegon County EDC
- Muskegon Area First
- Right Place
- Lake Shore Advantage
- Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Ashton Marine
- Michigan State University Institute of Agriculture Technology
- Muskegon Community College Food Processing -technology/